“Dancing With the Stars” pro dancer Artem Chigvintsev will sit out tonight’s performance. Chigvintsev, whose partner is The Bachelorette‘s Charity Lawson, has tested positive for Covid.
Lawson will now perform with troupe member Ezra Sousa on tonight’s show. Tonight is Latin night in the ballroom. The news was shared on social media which you can see below:
View this post on Instagram
Lawson and Chigvintsev received the highest scores of any pair in the series’ premiere last week, earning a 22 out of 30 for their tango to Rihanna’s “Only Girl (In the World).”
Co-hosted by Alfonso Ribeiro and Julianne Hough, “Dancing with the Stars” airs on Tuesdays (8:00-10:01 p.m. ET) on ABC. The season will also simulcast LIVE on Disney+ in the US and Canada and be available the next day on Hulu.
The celebrities and professional dancers this season are as follows (in alphabetical order):
- Supermodel Tyson Beckford with partner Jenna Johnson
- Marvel star Xochitl Gomez with partner Val Chmerkovskiy
- TV and film star Alyson Hannigan with partner Sasha Farber
- Social media and reality TV star Harry Jowsey with partner Rylee Arnold
- From “The Bachelorette,” Charity Lawson with partner Artem Chigvintsev
- From “Vanderpump Rules,” Ariana Madix with partner Pasha Pashkov
- GRAMMY®-winning singer Jason Mraz with partner Daniella Karagach
- NFL All-Star Adrian Peterson with partner Britt Stewart
- Singer and social media star Lele Pons with partner Brandon Armstrong
- Oscar®-winning actress Mira Sorvino with partner Gleb Savchenko
- Actress Jamie Lynn Spears with partner Alan Bersten
- Real estate mogul and TV star Mauricio Umansky with partner Emma Slater
- Comedian and actor Matt Walsh with partner Koko Iwasaki
- From “The Brady Bunch,” actor Barry Williams with partner Peta Murgatroyd
The pairs will be judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Derek Hough.
“Dancing with the Stars” is produced by BBC Studios Los Angeles Productions.