Disney+ will officially be launching on November 12, 2019, in the US and Canada. We know there’s a lot of questions about Disney+ so we hope this guide will help!
What is Disney+?
- Disney+ is a direct-to-consumer streaming service offering movies, series and short-form content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more.
When does Disney+ come out?
- Netherlands – Available now in beta
- US and Canada (Netherlands official launch) – November 12th, 2019
- Australia and New Zealand – November 19th, 2019
- Western Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain) – Release Starting March 31, 2020
- Latin America – October 2020-January 2021
- Asian Pacific – October 2019-October 2021
- Eastern Europe – October 2020-October 2021
How much will it cost?
- Monthly: $6.99 (US) / $8.99 (CAD) / €6.99 / $8.99 (AUD) / $9.99 (NZD)
- Yearly: $69.99 (US) / $89.99 (CAD) / €69.99 / $89.99 (AUD) / $99.99 (NZD)
- $12.99 a month for Disney+, Hulu (Basic plan with ads), and ESPN+ (US)
- Free until November 12th in the Netherlands
- 12 months free to Verizon customers – new and existing 4G LTE and 5G unlimited wireless customers, and new Verizon Fios Home Internet and 5G Home Internet customers.
What devices will support Disney+?
Confirmed for launch:
- Amazon Fire
- Apple Devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV)
- Google Devices (Android phones, Google Certified Android TV devices, and Google Chromecast)
- Roku (TV and streaming players)
- Xbox One
- Web browsers (PCs)
Other planned devices
- Nintendo Switch
- Linux (There are known issues that are currently working on being resolved by the D+ team)
What content will be on Disney+?
- Disney+ will be the home of many Disney movies and TV shows, including Marvel, Pixar, Fox, and National Geographic as well as original content exclusive to the service.
- At launch (Nov. 12) it will have 300 movies, and 500 movies and 7,500 episodes of TV shows within the first year.
- See a full list of confirmed content here
What resolution/audio does Disney+ support?
- Disney+ will support 4K resolution, HDR, and Dolby audio, all included with the price of the service.
Will there be different users/profiles on one account?
- Yes, up to seven profiles can be created for only one household. Also, each profile can choose their picture and parental controls can be set.
How many users can watch at once?
- Up to four users can stream at once, and up to 10 devices can be connected.
How will episodes of new series be released?
- Original Series episodes will not be released all at once, but instead, episodes will be released weekly.
Can I download movies or shows?
- All content will be able to be downloaded to devices.
Will Disney+ have ads?
- Disney+ will be completely ad-free.
Will Disney+ have mature-rated content?
- Disney+ will only have up to PG-13 (or the equivalent in other countries) content. Other Disney owned content will likely be on Hulu.
Will titles be removed from Disney+
- Disney+ has a model of adding more and more content over time rather than cycling through content.
Does Disney+ work in other countries?
- When you are outside the country you subscribed to, you can watch any downloaded content in offline mode. If you are outside your country and online where Disney+ is available, you will able to watch content that is available in that country. If Disney+ is not available in that country, you will not be able to watch Disney+ online (though you can still watch your downloads).