It’s definitely frustrating when you’re ready to enjoy your favorite movies and shows on Disney+, but encounter technical issues with the service not working on your LG TV.
Don’t worry, we have some straightforward solutions to help fix Disney+ on your LG TV. By implementing these methods, you can quickly resolve technical problems and get back to enjoying uninterrupted streaming of your favorite movies and TV shows on Disney+.
Why is Disney Plus Not Working On LG TV?
The number one reason why Disney+ doesn’t work on a LG TV is due to connection issues. To fix this, unplug your LG TV completely and wait 30 seconds before plugging your TV back in.
Disney+ is known for its reliability as a streaming service, with infrequent disruptions. However, as with any streaming platform, it can sometimes encounter glitches.
If you’re facing issues with Disney+ on your LG TV, don’t worry. We’ve put together a list of some of the most common solutions to help you resolve these problems and get your streaming experience back on track.
Disney Plus Not Working On LG TV (How To Fix)
We recommend starting with method 1 and working your way down completing all the methods if issues continue. If all else fails, contact Disney+ for further assistance. We have details on how to contact Disney+ right here.
The below methods will help fix the following Disney+ LG TV issues:
- Disney+ Freezing or Crashing
- Disney+ buffering on LG TV
- Disney+ Not Loading on LG TV
- Issues logging into Disney+ on LG TV
- And more!
Method 1: Check Your Internet Connection
To ensure optimal performance of Disney+ on your LG TV, a steady and robust internet connection is essential. For a more stable connection, consider using a wired connection for your LG TV rather than relying on Wi-Fi. This can be particularly beneficial if you’re facing buffering problems with Disney+.
To check your internet connection on LG TV:
- In the TV settings menu, check whether the wired or wireless network connection status is “Connected to the Internet.”
- After turning on the TV, press the [Settings] button on the remote control.
- From [Settings], select [All Settings].
- In [Connection], check whether the [Wired Network Connection] or [Wireless Network Connection] status is [Connected to the Internet].
- If it is [Not connected], setup the network connection again.
Method 2: Update Your LG TV
Make sure that your LG TV software is up to date. An outdated software can cause issues with apps like Disney+. LG constantly releases software updates, so it’s vital you update frequently to ensure you receive bug fixes and stability improvements for your TV.
To update your LG TV, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > All Settings > Support.
- Select Software Update.
- Select Check for Updates and if an update is available Download and Install.
Note: The specific steps may vary slightly depending on the model of your LG TV. Make sure to check the user manual for your TV for detailed instructions on how to update the software.
Method 3: Uninstall Disney+ On LG TV
It’s always worth restarting the Disney+ app when you’re having troubles.
To do this, go to the LG Content Store on your TV and search for Disney Plus. Select the app and then select “Uninstall.” Once the app is uninstalled, search for it again and select “Install” to reinstall the app.
Alternatively, you can try simply closing the app and reopening it. To do this, press the Home button on your remote control to access the Home screen, navigate to the Disney+ app using the directional buttons, and press the “back” button to exit the app. Then, navigate back to the app and select it again to reopen it.
Method 4: Lower the Stream Quality
To watch Disney Plus in HD, you’ll need at least 5 Mbps, while 4K Ultra HD streaming will need at least 25 Mbps. If you have a slow internet connection, you’re likely to experience Disney+ buffering issues on LG TV.
We do have a solution that might do the trick. Lowering the video quality, especially if you have a slower internet connection, should resolve a lot of buffering issues.
Here’s the steps on how to lower the video quality on Disney+:
- First, open Disney Plus on your device and access your Profile.
- After that, go to the App Settings.
- Lastly, select Save Data from the options and go back to watching your favorite movies and TV shows.
Method 5: Re-login to Disney+
Signing out of the Disney+ app will give things a refresh and will often resolve a lot of issues.
- On your LG TV, find Disney+ and open the app
- Click on Log Out to complete the process.
- Sign-in again to Disney+ and play a movie and TV show to see if that resolved the issue.
Method 6: Reset Your Router
If all else fails, giving your router a reset is always worth a shot to try and resolve LG TV Disney+ issues.
To unplug your router and perform a reset, simply follow these steps:
- Locate the power cable connected to your router.
- Gently pull the power cable out of the router to disconnect it from the power source.
- Wait for at least 10-15 seconds before plugging the power cable back into the router. This allows the router to fully power down and reset.
- Once you have plugged the power cable back in, wait for the router to fully boot up and establish a connection to the internet.
Note that this method is slightly different from a “hard reset” where you press and hold a reset button on the router itself. Unplugging the router is a soft reset that should still reset the device to its default factory settings, but it may not be as effective as a hard reset for resolving certain issues.
Method 7: Clear LG TV Cache
If you’re experiencing issues with Disney Plus on your LG TV, clearing the cache may help resolve the problem. Here’s how you can clear the cache on your LG TV:
- Press the Home button on your LG TV remote to access the home screen.
- Go to Settings and select All Settings.
- Scroll down and select General.
- Select Storage and then select Application Data.
- Select Disney Plus and then select Clear Cache.
Clearing the cache will remove temporary files and data associated with the Disney Plus app. This can help fix issues such as freezing, buffering, or crashing.
It’s important to note that clearing the cache will not delete any of your account information or saved preferences. However, it may log you out of the app, so be sure to have your login credentials handy.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Disney Plus on my LG TV?
Uninstall and reinstalling the Disney+ is an essential step when you’re having technical problems. If you take anything awhile from this article, it’s uninstalling and reinstalling should be completed.
When you reinstall, it’ll ensure you’re on the latest version of the Disney+ app. Disney is constantly releasing updates to app which often include performance improvements and bug fixes.
Uninstall Disney Plus:
- Turn on your LG TV and press the “Home” button on your remote control to access the main menu.
- Navigate to the “LG Content Store” and press “OK” or “Enter” on your remote.
- In the LG Content Store, locate the “Apps & Games” section and select it.
- Find the Disney Plus app among your installed applications.
- Once you’ve located the Disney Plus app, click on it and then select “Uninstall” or “Remove” to delete it from your TV.
Reinstall Disney Plus:
- Still in the LG Content Store, navigate to the “Apps & Games” section again.
- Use the search bar to look for the “Disney Plus” app.
- Select the Disney Plus app from the search results.
- Click on “Install” to download and install the app on your LG TV.
- Once the installation is complete, the Disney Plus app should appear on your home screen or in your list of installed apps.
- Open the Disney Plus app, sign in with your account credentials, and start enjoying your favorite content.
Keep in mind that your LG TV should be connected to the internet to perform these actions.
Disney Plus Sound Not Working on LG TV
f the sound is not working for Disney Plus on your LG TV, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check the volume: Ensure that your TV’s volume is not muted and is set to an audible level.
- Check audio settings: Go to your LG TV’s audio settings and ensure that the audio output is set correctly. This can usually be found in the “Settings” menu under “Sound” or “Audio.”
- Check other apps: Open other apps or channels on your LG TV to see if the sound issue is specific to Disney Plus or if it affects other content as well. If the issue persists across all apps, it might be a problem with your TV or audio setup.
- Restart the Disney Plus app: Close the Disney Plus app and reopen it. This can help reset any temporary issues that may be causing the audio problem.
- Restart your TV: Turn off your LG TV, unplug it from the power source, wait for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in and turn it on. This can help clear any temporary issues affecting the TV’s performance.
- Update your TV’s firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your LG TV. Updating the firmware may resolve compatibility issues or bugs affecting the sound. You can find the firmware update option in the “Settings” menu under “General” and then “About this TV” or “Software Update.”
- Uninstall and reinstall the Disney Plus app: Remove the Disney Plus app from your LG TV and then reinstall it from the LG Content Store. This may resolve any issues with the app itself.
- Check your external audio setup: If you are using external speakers or a soundbar, make sure they are properly connected and functioning. You may need to consult the user manual for your specific audio setup for additional troubleshooting steps.
If none of the fixes mentioned above work, it may be time to contact support. Here are some options for getting in touch with LG and Disney Plus support:
LG Customer Service
LG provides customer support through various channels, including phone, email, and live chat. To find the contact information specific to your region, you can visit the LG website.
LG customer service representatives are equipped to assist with a range of issues. This includes guidance on software updates, network connectivity, and app compatibility. They can also offer more tailored troubleshooting steps that are specific to your TV model and its software version.
Before contacting LG support, make sure you have the following information ready:
- The model number of your LG TV
- The software version of your TV
- A detailed description of the issue you are experiencing with Disney+
Disney Plus Support
Disney+ also offers customer support through phone and live chat. You can find all the contact information for Disney+ customer service here. Before contacting Disney+, make sure you have your account information and the specific error message you are seeing handy.
- Gina Carano Sues Disney; Elon Musk Funding Lawsuit - February 6, 2024
- Disney Plus Not Working On Samsung TV? (EASY FIX!) - February 4, 2024
- Over 100 Disney Movies Removed From Disney+ - February 2, 2024