Disney has announced that “Star” will be coming to Disney+ in Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore, and will be fully integrated into Disney Plus.
Star will be accessible as the sixth brand title in the app and will carry of number of more adult based movies and tv shows from Disney’s other brands such as 20th Century.
Due to this huge influx of new content coming to Disney+, subscription prices will be increasing to €8.99 or the local equivalent. This will be an approximate £/$/€2.00 increase.
Disney Plus Price Increase Details:
Pricing for Disney+ as of February 23, 2021:
• Canada: $11.99/month or $119.99/annual
• Australia: $11.99/month or $119.99/annual
• New Zealand: $12.99/month or $129.99/annual
• UK: £7.99/month or £79.90/annual
• Euro: 8.99/month or 89.90/annual
• Norway: 89.00kr/month or 890.00kr/annual
• Denmark: 79.00kr/month or 790.00kr/annual
• Sweden: 89.00 kr/month or 890.00 kr/annual
• Switzerland: CHF12.90/month or CHF129.00/annual
• Singapore: $11.98/month or $119.98/annual
The current Disney+ pricing will be honoured for 6 months in Europe, Canada, New Zealand and Australia.
You can read more about Star right here.
Update: Beginning March 26, 2021, Disney+ will be priced in the U.S. at $7.99 (an increase of $1.00) per month or $79.99 per year, while the Disney Bundle with Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ will be priced at $13.99 per month.