The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack for Disney’s “Encanto” has jumped to No. 7 on the Billboard 200 chart for the week ending Dec. 30, 2021. The album is also No. 1 on Billboard’s Soundtrack and Independent Album charts. According to Billboard, “Encanto” is the most recently released soundtrack to reach the top 10 since Frozen 2 jumped from #15 to #3 on the Dec. 7, 2019 chart.
The album features eight original songs from Lin Manuel Miranda (Hamilton, Moana) and the original score from Germaine Franco (Dora and the Lost City of Gold Tag, Dope Little). Sebastián Yatra performs the original song “Dos Oruguitas,” in Spanish in the film, as well as “Two Oruguitas,” the English language version of the song, in the end credits. The song “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” from the album is also currently the #1 song on Spotify on the Top 50 U.S. chart.
The song list from “Encanto” includes:
- “The Family Madrigal” – performed by Stephanie Beatriz, Olga Merediz & Cast
- “Waiting on a Miracle” – performed by Stephanie Beatriz
- “Surface Pressure” – performed by Jessica Darrow
- “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” – performed by Carolina Gaitán, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz & Cast
- “What Else Can I Do?” – performed by Diane Guerrero & Stephanie Beatriz
- “Dos Oruguitas” – performed by Sebastián Yatra
- “All of You” – performed by Stephanie Beatriz, Olga Merediz, John Leguizamo, Adassa, Maluma & Cast
- “Colombia, Mi Encanto” – performed by Carlos Vives
- “Two Oruguitas” – English language end-credit version of “Dos Oruguitas” performed by Sebastián Yatra
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ feature film “Encanto” tells the tale of the Madrigals, an extraordinary family who live in a wondrous, charmed place called an Encanto. Each child has been blessed with a magic gift unique to them—each child except Mirabel. But when the family’s home is threatened, Mirabel may be their only hope.
The voice cast includes Stephanie Beatriz as Mirabel; María Cecilia Botero as Mirabel’s grandmother Alma aka Abuela; John Leguizamo as Bruno; Angie Cepeda and Wilmer Valderrama as Mirabel’s parents, Julieta and Agustín; and Diane Guererro and Jessica Darrow as Mirabel’s sisters, Isabela and Luisa. Also lending their voices are Carolina Gaitán and Mauro Castillo as Mirabel’s aunt and uncle, Pepa and Félix; and Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz and Ravi Cabot-Conyers as Mirabel’s cousins Dolores, Camilo and Antonio, respectively.
Disney’s “Encanto” is available to stream now on Disney+.
You can watch a trailer for the film below: