The soundtrack for Disney’s “Encanto” is spending a third non-successive week at No. 1 on the album chart and the hit song from the album “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” has reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. This marks the first time a song from a Disney movie has reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 since “A Whole New World” from Aladdin in 1993. For comparison, Frozen’s hit song “Let It Go” only reached the number 5 spot back in 2014.
“Bruno” also drew over an impressive 34.9 million U.S. streams, more than twice as many as Adele’s long-running hit “Easy on Me.”
Disney’s “Encanto” soundtrack features eight original songs from Lin Manuel Miranda (Hamilton, Moana) and the original score from Germaine Franco (Dora and the Lost City of Gold Tag, Dope Little).
The song list from “Encanto” includes:
- “The Family Madrigal” – performed by Stephanie Beatriz, Olga Merediz & Cast
- “Waiting on a Miracle” – performed by Stephanie Beatriz
- “Surface Pressure” – performed by Jessica Darrow
- “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” – performed by Carolina Gaitán, Mauro Castillo, Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz, Diane Guerrero, Stephanie Beatriz & Cast
- “What Else Can I Do?” – performed by Diane Guerrero & Stephanie Beatriz
- “Dos Oruguitas” – performed by Sebastián Yatra
- “All of You” – performed by Stephanie Beatriz, Olga Merediz, John Leguizamo, Adassa, Maluma & Cast
- “Colombia, Mi Encanto” – performed by Carlos Vives
- “Two Oruguitas” – English language end-credit version of “Dos Oruguitas” performed by Sebastián Yatra
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ feature film “Encanto” tells the tale of the Madrigals, an extraordinary family who live in a wondrous, charmed place called an Encanto. Each child has been blessed with a magic gift unique to them—each child except Mirabel. But when the family’s home is threatened, Mirabel may be their only hope.
The voice cast includes Stephanie Beatriz as Mirabel; María Cecilia Botero as Mirabel’s grandmother Alma aka Abuela; John Leguizamo as Bruno; Angie Cepeda and Wilmer Valderrama as Mirabel’s parents, Julieta and Agustín; and Diane Guererro and Jessica Darrow as Mirabel’s sisters, Isabela and Luisa. Also lending their voices are Carolina Gaitán and Mauro Castillo as Mirabel’s aunt and uncle, Pepa and Félix; and Adassa, Rhenzy Feliz and Ravi Cabot-Conyers as Mirabel’s cousins Dolores, Camilo and Antonio, respectively.
Disney’s “Encanto” is available to stream now on Disney+.
You can watch a trailer for the film below: