Today is your final day to subscribe or make adjustments to your Disney+ subscription before a Disney+ price hike.
On February 23, Star launches in the 23 countries across the globe and a price increase will come along with it.
Star will become the sixth brand to launch on Disney+, joining entertainment favourites Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney. Star promises more: more TV series, more movies, more originals.
Star will become home to thousands of hours of television and movies from Disney’s creative studios, including Disney Television Studios, FX, 20th Century Studios and 20th Television.
NEW DISNEY+ PRICING FOR NEW CUSTOMERS
As of February 23, 2021, new Disney+ subscribers will pay the following prices:
- UK: £7.99/month or £79.90/annual
- Euro: €8.99/month or €89.90/annual
- Canada: $11.99/month or $119.99/annual
- Australia: $11.99/month or $119.99/annual
- New Zealand: $12.99/month or $129.99/annual
If you’re a current subscriber and you let your current subscription lapse after February 23, 2021, you’ll be subject to the above pricing.
DISNEY+ PRICING FOR CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS
If you’re an existing Disney+ subscriber, Disney will honor your current price for 6 months.
- Subscribers in the UK, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand will have their current pricing grandfathered until August 23, 2021. After that date, subscribers will be subject to new pricing.
- Monthly subscribers will continue to pay their existing rate until August 23, 2021. Afterwards or on August 23, subscribers will subject to the higher pricing.
- Annual subscribers will pay existing rates if their subscription is set to be renewed before August 23, 2021.
- Annual subscribers will pay the new higher pricing if their subscription is set to renew after or on August 23, 2021.
If you’re not currently a Disney+ subscriber and are on the fence about signing up, do it today. This will produce the largest saving and will be the cheapest subscription rate you’ll ever get.
If you’re currently an existing Disney+ subscriber paying monthly, consider switching to an annual subscription today. For example in the UK, switching to annual subscription today before the price increase tomorrow will save you £19.91.
Disney will be introducing a $1 price hike for subscribers in the United States, raising it to $7.99 a month starting on March 26, 2021. Also, the Disney bundle — that has Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN Plus — will see a $1 increase to $13.99 a month.