Disney announced during their Investors Day Presentation that Disney+ will be gaining a new mature section that will be accessible as the sixth brand title in the Disney+ app.
Star becomes the home for general entertainment and will double the amount of content available to watch on Disney+. It will become home to thousands of hours of television and movies from Disney’s creative studios, including Disney Television Studios, FX, 20th Century Studios and 20th Television.
With all of this new content coming, it does mean a Disney+ price increase is on the way. Check out the full details below along with some recommendations on how to avoid the price increase for as long as possible.
New Disney+ Pricing For New Customers
As of February 23, 2021, new Disney+ subscribers will pay the following prices:
- UK: £7.99/month or £79.90/annual
- Euro: €8.99/month or €89.90/annual
- Canada: $11.99/month or $119.99/annual
- Australia: $11.99/month or $119.99/annual
- New Zealand: $12.99/month or $129.99/annual
If you’re a current subscriber and you let your current subscription lapse after February 23, 2021, you’ll be subject to the above pricing as if you were a new subscriber.
The above pricing includes Star as it’s built directly into Disney+. It’s not possible to have Disney+ without Star or vice versa. ￼
Disney+ Pricing For Current Subscribers
If you’re an existing Disney+ subscriber, Disney will honor your current price for 6 months.
- Subscribers in the UK, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand will have their current pricing grandfathered until August 23, 2021. After that date, subscribers will be subject to new pricing.
- Monthly subscribers will continue to pay their existing rate until August 23, 2021. Afterwards or on August 23, subscribers will subject to the higher pricing,
- Annual subscribers will pay existing rates if their subscription is set to be renewed before August 23, 2021.
- Annual subscribers will pay the new higher pricing if their subscription is set to renew after or on August 23, 2021.
If you’re not currently a Disney+ subscriber and are on the fence about signing up, doing it before February 23, 2021, will produce the largest saving. The cheapest time to sign up for Disney+ is always right now.
If you’re currently an existing Disney+ subscriber paying monthly, consider switching to annual subscription before February 23, 2021 to save. For example in the UK, switching to annual subscription before February 23, 2021, will save you £19.91.