“Motown Night” – The judges said “I Want You Back” to the 12 remaining couples, and now it’s time for them to move and groove on the ballroom floor with all-new dances showing off their soulful side. “Good Morning America” co-anchor Michael Strahan sits in at the judges table when “Motown Night” airs TUESDAY, OCT. 10 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT/PDT, 7:00-9:01 p.m. CDT). The episode will simulcast LIVE across both ABC and Disney+ in The US and Canada in local time zones and next day on Hulu.
Get “ready for a brand-new beat” with an opening number to “Dancing In the Street” by Martha Reeves & The Vandellas, choreographed by Jamal Sims, with partner dances including the Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Jive, Quickstep, Rumba or Tango.
Fans will be able to vote during the live simulcast of the show in the EDT/CDT time zones. During this time, online voting will be available to fans in any time zone in the U.S., its territories and Canada via dwtsvote.abc.com, and fans with a participating U.S. wireless carrier can also vote via SMS/text (fans in Canada cannot vote via SMS/text). Live viewer votes will be combined with the judges’ scores each episode to determine which couples may be in jeopardy of elimination.
The couples (along with their dance styles and songs) are the following:
- TV and film star Alyson Hannigan and pro Sasha Farber will perform a Foxtrot to “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell.
- Oscar®-winning actress Mira Sorvino and pro Gleb Savchenko will perform a Rumba to “Let’s Get It On” by Marvin Gaye.
- Marvel star Xochitl Gomez and pro Val Chmerkovskiy will perform a Foxtrot to “My Guy” by Mary Wells.
- Ariana Madix (“Vanderpump Rules”) and pro Pasha Pashkov will perform a Quickstep to “You Can’t Hurry Love” by The Supremes.
- Singer and social media star Lele Pons and pro Brandon Armstrong will perform a Cha Cha to “Super Freak” by Rick James.
- Former Bachelorette Charity Lawson and pro Artem Chigvintsev will perform a Foxtrot to “My Girl” by The Temptations.
- GRAMMY®-winning singer Jason Mraz and pro Daniella Karagach will perform a Jive to “Do You Love Me” by The Contours.
- Supermodel Tyson Beckford and pro Jenna Johnson will perform a Foxtrot to “Master Blaster (Jammin’)” by Stevie Wonder.
- NFL All-Star Adrian Peterson and pro Britt Stewart will perform a Quickstep to “I Want You Back” by The Jackson 5.
- Social media and reality TV star Harry Jowsey and pro Rylee Arnold will perform a Foxtrot to “Easy” by Commodores.
- “The Brady Bunch” actor Barry Williams and pro Peta Murgatroyd will perform a Tango to “Get Ready” by The Temptations.
- Real estate mogul and TV star Mauricio Umansky and pro Emma Slater will perform a Foxtrot to “Working My Way Back to You” by The Spinners.
“Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series co-hosted by Alfonso Ribeiro and Julianne Hough in which celebrities are paired with trained ballroom dancers to compete in themed choreographed dance routines that are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli and Derek Hough.
The show is produced in front of a live audience by BBC Studios Los Angeles Productions.