Walt Disney Records has released the theme song from Disney’s “Kiff,” the nutty new animated buddy-comedy about optimistic squirrel Kiff and her chill bunny bestie Barry. The series premiered on the Disney Channel on March 10th and the first six episodes of the series are available to stream now on Disney+ in the United States.
The song is written by the show’s composer Brad Breeck (Gravity Falls, We Bare Bears) and creators Lucy Heavens & Nic Smal.
The track is available digitally on several platforms including Amazon and Spotify. You can also listen to it below:
From creators and executive producers Lucy Heavens and Nic Smal, the series follows Kiff and Barry as they navigate school, relationships and their often-eccentric community in Table Town, a world where animals and magical oddballs tackle day-to-day life together.
Inspired by the people and places Heavens and Smal experienced when they were growing up in Cape Town, South Africa, each half-hour episode, comprised of two 11-minute stories, will include a new original song. In addition to their creative roles, Heavens and Smal also voice characters in the series: Heavens as Kiff’s drama teacher, Helen, and Smal as the principal of Table Town School, Principal Secretary.
Joining the cast in recurring roles are the following:
- James Monroe Iglehart (Broadway’s “Aladdin”) and Lauren Ash (“Superstore”) as Kiff’s parents, Martin and Beryl
- Deedee Magno Hall (“Steven Universe”) as Kiff’s teacher, Miss Deer Teacher
- Eugene Cordero (“Loki”) as Kiff’s neighbor, The Pone, and the school secretary, Secretary Prince
- Josh Johnson (“The Daily Show with Trevor Noah”) as Barry’s brother, Harry Buns
- Eric Bauza (“Looney Toons”) as TV producer Roy Fox and Kiff’s classmate Reggie
- Vella Lovell (“Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”) as Kiff’s classmate Candle Fox
- Steve Little (“Adventure Time”) as the town city manager, Glarbin Gloobin
- Kent Osborne (“Phineas and Ferb”) as the school janitor, Sweepy Steve
- Gary Anthony Williams (“Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur”) as artist manager Flam Bingo
- Mary Mack (“Solar Opposites”) as Kiff’s classmate Renee
- Rhys Darby (“Our Flag Means Death”) as a troll living under a bridge, Trollie
- Tom Kenny (“Spongebob SquarePants”) as Kiff’s classmates Trevor, Gareth and Darryn
- Katie Crown (“Amphibia”) as town barista, Pawva
- Kate Flannery (“The Office”) as laundromat owner and Helen’s sister, Agnes
- Nichole Sakura (“Superstore”) as Barry’s sister, Terri Buns
- Rachel House (“Thor: Ragnarok”) as Barry’s mom, Mary Buns
In addition to Heavens and Smal, the creative team includes Emmy® Award-winning Kent Osborne (“Phineas and Ferb” and “Adventure Time”), who will serve as co-producer and story editor, and Winnie Chaffee (“Captain Planet and the Planeteers”) as producer. “Kiff” is produced by Titmouse, the Emmy Award-winning animation production company, in association with Disney Channel.
You can watch a trailer for the series below:
Source: Film Music Reporter